Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Friends are forever

Oh my God, time is passing so fast, it just seems like yesterday, and I still feel as if I have just passed out from college, but actually its been five years since I finished my graduation and two years since my post graduation.

I remember, one of my lecturers during a long grueling session had said, that the time spent with friends is the most memorable thing, and no matter how much time you spend together, you will always feel its insufficient, and boy was he correct??

Everyday brings some happy news or the other, some friends are getting married and starting a new life, some with their old college sweet hearts while some others with complete strangers, but the excitement levels and the commitment levels are beyond imagination.

This is a new phase of life for all of us, some friends are already proud parents of some exceptionally talented privileged prodigies of the future, these friends of mine who were as childish, immature and irresponsible as me, are now committed, responsible and don’t even have time to hang out anymore, while some are busy spending time with their babies, some others are busy doting on their husbands or wives.

I am still not able to accept the fact that we have matured so much, I mean, it was only a few years back that we were still trying to scrape through our exams, last minute preparations, combined studies at someone’s place, crowding near the notice board during the results to make sure, our number was there on the pass list, not sure about our future, attending interviews, listening to discussions on which fellow got into which company and for what package, and now each one of us has already started planning, and having a family.

No comments: